Sunday, March 23, 2014

Spring Has Sprung!

Spring has definitely come to the Hudson Valley here in New York!  Yesterday, after months of gray skies and freezing cold, the sky turned a beautiful shade of blue and the sun made his appearance finally!  It was actually 57 degrees so my husband and I spent some time down by the docks, just watching clumps of geese bobbing along in the water happily.  It was a bit windy but it was great; we even left our coats in the car and I even kicked off my shoes to let my toes stretch a bit.

With the sun finally making his grand appearance and the dirty snow piles slowly melting away, I've been on a bit of a spring cleaning frenzy, albeit, soap shop style.  I've been digging through some molds that I never use and will be selling them cheaply on Etsy in the next coming days.  Last week I went through all my fragrances and tossed out the old and expired so I could restock and revamp my collection for the spring/summer season.  We even went so far to purchase new shelving for my ever growing collection of soap bases and boxes of molds.  I feel so organized and energized it isn't even funny!


I've been laying in bed searching Pinterest searching for some inspiration for spring soaps.  I drew up a few ideas on paper that would look good for fall but spring/summer ideas are eluding me.  I've been trolling my vendor lists and watching for new spring fragrances but nothing has really sparked any interest yet.  I don't think Bacon Maple Milkshake sounds very "spring" like.  Boo!  I wasn't wanting to settle for lilac or lavender scents AGAIN for this season.  I want something new, fresh.  I've been tossing around maybe doing a "destination" dream vacation line with scents inspired from exotic places.  Tahiti....Morocco.... *sigh*

Anyways, if you follow me on Etsy and are a soaper or want to start soaping, keep an eye out for some great deals on new and hardly used soap molds in the next few days.  And while you're there on Etsy - check out this beautiful bee themed treasure Kerri did!  We were so honored to have our Golden Honey Bee Guest Soaps be a part of it!  (check out the super cute bee earrings!  ADORE!)  Oh and there very well may be a flash sale coming this week!  Keep your peepers peeled!  :)






No comments:

Post a Comment