Monday, March 31, 2014

New Spring Scent Arrivals

I think I mentioned earlier, that I have been waiting for months for my vendors to release some new Spring themed scents but I haven't seen any yet that stood out to me.  So, I went through their existing inventories and picked a few new scents that would round out my scent line up here at Blue Moon Bubbles.  Half of them arrived the other day and while I'm still waiting on the others, the ones I received so far have been downright dreamy and perfect for ushering in warmer weather.

I'm much pleased with my new Rio Glow, which is, you might notice, a duplication of a Bath & Body Works scent.  I've been in such a "vacation/travel" mind-set as of late, scouring Pinterest for all sort of destination pictures so this fit in perfectly with my mood.  Rio Glow is a juicy blend of tropical fruits (mango, papaya and guava.  So refreshing and mouth watering!  Not quite sure if it wasn't a big seller for them or what but Bath & Body Works only has Rio Glow in candle and Wallflower versions now.  So if you were a Rio lover, get your fix here!


While this isn't necessarily new to my line up, I did re-order more for my spring line up - Pomegranate & Sweet Orange.  This is a retired scent from Bath & Body Works and you're lucky if you have any of it left!  It's super rare to find on Ebay or Amazon and if you do, you'll pay a pretty penny.  I'm a pomegranate lover anyways but the sweet orange just adds a whole new depth and dimension to the mix.  It is juicy, ripe and fresh - not girly or feminine at all.  Perfectly unisex and it is one of my hubby's favorite scents actually!

I must have had fruit on the mind, because I'm also re-introducing Blood Orange & Goji to my spring collection.  Blood orange IS one of my favorite fruits with tangy and somewhat bitter flavors, not to mention the beautiful colors!  Appropriately so, this fragrance oil is splashes of blood orange juice with sweet goji berry and mango juices blended in.  This is another blend that isn't girly and would be great for men as well.

I also added in some Galactic Grape, which is for a project I'm working on and not necessarily a "spring" addition but also brought back the perennial favorite, Coconut Lime Verbena that you've seen featured in our Lime in the Coconut soaps already.  I'm anxiously awaiting my new shipment to come in with Melon Ball, Mother's Love, Sparkling Mojito, Tuscan Herb Garden and more.

If you get a chance, stop by the storefront or Etsy and check out our new unisex honeycomb soap.  It's pretty cool looking and has a really crisp, clean scent.  My teenage son has already claimed a bar so can I say it's "teen approved"?  He says it kinda reminds him of Spiderman's costume pattern.  :)

I will add more about the new scents when the others arrive but in the meantime, keep your eyes peeled.  We're about to introduce some $5.00 grab bags filled with soaps to help clear out some of our inventory to make space for new upcoming projects.  Also, we've discontinued about 10 of our soaps, our lip balms and our wax tart line-up.  (no boo's, please)  Our wax vendor discontinued selling it and I'm just frankly not interested in testing new wax right now.  I might in the future though.  Maybe around the holidays but I've been really busy sketching new ideas, pinning some inspiration on Pinterest and whatnot.  Wax testing can wait awhile.






No comments:

Post a Comment